I hope you’ve enjoyed the journey so far, though I don’t know how anyone could deny the pleasures of stir fry and burrito bowls.
Today’s recipe takes another classic dish and puts a wholesome, Paleo twist on it.
I’ve swapped out your normal spaghetti for spaghetti squash (a fiber-filled, veggie alternative to pasta) and traded ground beef for ground chicken in your traditional bolognese sauce. The result? A delicious and healthy alternative to what’s normally a heavy, carb- & fat-laden indulgence. PLUS we’re still using the ingredients from this weekend’s quick & simple grocery list.
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, diced
- 3-4 oz portion ground chicken
- 1/2 small spaghetti squash, cooked & scooped
- half of a 14.5 oz can of canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet coated with oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and mushrooms, sautéing until softened.
- Push the veggies aside and add the ground chicken, cooking and crumbling until desired chicken.
- Add in the cooked spaghetti squash.
- Add in the tomatoes, garlic powder, salt & pepper, stirring to combine the ingredients.