Maybe you saw the first (Paleo) Recipe Week post with the menu, grocery, and prep list and felt a little “meh” about it. I get it. Meal prep is a pretty unsexy concept.
But I hope I’ve convinced you with yesterday’s Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry that this ain’t yo mama’s (or fitness IG account’s) meal prep. This concept delivers five delicious, healthy, and variety-filled meals with just one trip to the grocery store, saving you time and money.
Want to know what else is the greatest thing ever? Chipotle. And even greatest-er than THAT is Chipotle that lives in your kitchen and is good for you. I give to you, the Burrito Bowl.
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced bell pepper
- 3-4 ounce serving ground chicken
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2-3 tablespoons salsa of choice
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Heat a large skillet coated with avocado oil over medium heat.
- Add your red onion and bell peppers, sauteeing until softened.
- Push your onions and pepper to the side, add ground chicken and crumble using a wooden spoon to desired texture.
- Toss in the spices and cauliflower rice, stirring to combine.
- Place burrito bowl mix into a bowl and top with salsa and avocado!